Friday, September 30, 2011

Yellow furry fellow and a hell of a night


Remember this guy??

I nostalgia'd so hard when I rediscovered this video thanks to my newfound love of house music. Who can forget Flat Eric and that iconic head bobbing? And that weird "voice"... To me it sounds like he's 'speaking' in speech-bubbles... without speech... Do you know what I mean?! 

Anyways, what I wanted to tell you is that the brilliant DJ behind "Flat Beat", Mr. Oizo will very soon be releasing a new album! I'm sure sure whether or not Flat Eric will make a reappearance for this album, but that doesn't mean the music isn't going to be awesome. The album is going to be called "Stade 2" and is apparently coming out "very soon". In the meantime here is a teaser of the first single of the new album "Douche Beats". Interesting... 



Another thing I wanted to tell you about is an upcoming clubbing event in London that has one of the most insane line-ups I can imagine, if you're into house music (No Mr.Oizo unfortunately...). The event is called "Together Winter Music Festival" and is held at the Alexandra Palaca in London on November 26th. So many of the DJs that I've grown to admire and love are going to play there... Sebastian, Simian Mobile Disco, Pete Tong, Grum, Death In Vegas, Vitalic, etc... In the same venue, on the same night! It's insane!! I need to go there sooooooo badly. Anyone up for it?? 
Check their facebook page if you want more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment