Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday sounds

It's finally Friday! I thought I'd share with you some music to get you ready for the weekend and for tonight. As I've mentioned in a previous blogpost I recently "discovered" (on my own part) Daft Punk. Subsequently, I've developed a penchant for electronic music, and here are some of my favourites at the moment.

DCUP is a Australian producer, DJ, and remixer. He is most famous for his collaboration with the Australian duo Yolanda Be Cool on their international hit single "We No Speak Americano". However, he has got some awesome music of his own (way too few songs in my opinion) and here is one that I particularly like.


The second song is from a 19-year old (!) Canadian kid, calling himself Robotaki, who is a master at remixing popular tunes. In this one he has remixed a track by a famous French electro artist called Kavinsky, and in my opinion he made it sound far better than the original.


The last song I will share with you is from a record I remember listening to years ago - back when I didn't even like electro or club music! This sends me down Nostalgia Lane: In the summer of 2001, my sister was in charge of this outlet store for this "cool" fashion shop. I was hired as a shop assistant (my first real job!) and I remember this was one of the records we used to listen to in the shop. We knew it backwards and forwards. Good times.

I was a bit apprehensive about listening to the album again, thinking perhaps it would be a bit dated, but it is truly a brilliant album with an awesome and timeless sound! Dimitri from Paris is a famous French DJ and producer, and he definitely knows his stuff. This track is the first song of the album and it definitely captures that "smooth and suave" mood of a Friday night in a fancy bar, hanging out with friends, drinking cocktails, mingling, flirting, and all the other cliches that goes along with the perfect night out. The album is after all appropriately titled "A Night at the Playboy Mansion"... So this one is dedicated to my lovely sister, Sara (check out her beauty blog!) and I wish you all a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment