Friday, May 4, 2012

Rest In Peace Adam Yauch

I just learned that Adam Yauch, or MCA, out of Beastie Boys has passed away at 47. He suffered from cancer and has undergone treatment since 2009. He was the co-founder of Beastie Boys all the way back in 1979...!

I can't exactly call myself an original fan of Beastie Boys, but definitely a fan no less. Nevertheless it's always sad when great musicians die before their time.

I want to share a couple of my Beastie Boys favourites in memory of the great MCA.

"Alive" which was a new track for their 1999 compilation album Beastie Boys Anthology: The Sounds Of Science.


"Intergalactic", one of their most iconic songs (the one that everyone sings along to but no one's sure of the unintelligible lyrics...)


"Body Movin'" which gained massive popularity when remixed by FatBoy Slim 


And of course "Sabotage". No words can do this track AND video justice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment